Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Soon, soon

How many times can you fall down in one rehearsal? I've been spending most of the last few days hitting the floor. Lucky me, to have found another character that can't stand up straight. Those of you who know me may remember what happened the last time I needed to collapse on stage.* I'm attempting to be more vigilant this time around.

Fortunately the rest of the team is a stand-up bunch (sorry). Everyone's doing great work. There's always that weird moment when a bunch of scenes begins to become a show, and I can feel it coming on now. It generally happens, unsurprisingly, when you start running larger and larger portions of a play, adding the elements together. With us, it has lots to do with the music. Since all the different parts of the piece fit together so intricately, it isn't until the music connects to the movement and the script that it all makes sense. Then the parts of the story that the music tells arrive. Before then, things tend to feel incomplete. Even though we've been working together for more than 5 years now, I always forget how much it changes things (and, internally, began to freak out about what doesn't feel right) until we bring it in again.

As for now, it won't be until next week that it all really starts to come together, but we've heard enough of what Rika and Pete and Bobby are doing musically that I can sense what it'll be like, and it's exciting.

*For the uninformed--when we were doing Senjo, I had one bad fall when I was tired during photo call. I awoke to find that I'd swelled enormously, but only on one side. From the right, I was as flat-butted as ever, but my left cheek had grown to the size of a volleyball. I was suddenly, seriously half-assed. It was 7 days--and several shades of blue and green--before my ass was normal again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?